3 Healthy and Yummy Indian Breakfast Recipes for Kids
Every morning, mothers have to think of different recipes to serve their kids with a healthy and delicious breakfast, which is not easy. And that is why we have come up with some easy, healthy, and yummy Indian breakfast recipes for kids. You can try these recipes for your kids.
Here are some vegetarian breakfast recipes to make them your kid’s favorite:
1. Bread Upma
- Take a pan and heat 2 tbsp oil in it. Then add 1 tsp mustard seeds and ½ tsp cumin seeds in it. Once you start to hear, popping sound adds ½ cup chopped onions in it and let it cook till it turns translucent.
- Now, add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger and a few chopped curry leaves. And let it cook.
- Then add ½ cup chopped tomatoes, ¼tsp turmeric powder, and some salt according to your taste. And mix the ingredients well.
- Once you find it to be cooked well, add 4 slices of bread chopped in bite sizes.
- Let it cook for 5 to 7 minutes and serve it to your kids by sprinkling chopped coriander leaves for taste.
2. Palak Poori
- For this, you are going to take a bowl and put 2 cups of wheat flour, spinach paste you made after boiling it, salt as per your taste, 1 tsp ginger paste, and 1 tsp green chili paste in it. Mix it well and add enough water to turn it into a soft dough.
- Once the dough is ready, add a little bit of butter or olive oil and knead it into a firm ball. Then, keep it aside for a few minutes.
- Now, divide the dough into small equal portions. Turn these portions into balls and then flatten them into small discs.
- Take a deep pan and heat some oil in it. Once the oil is hot, put the small discs one by one and let them cook until they are golden.
- Serve these pooris to your kids with curd, pickles, or a mint dip.
3. Mix Veg Stuffed Paratha
- Boil the vegetables you love like carrot, potato, and cauliflower in small quantities. And then mash them. You can add paneer as well.
- Take the mashed veggies and grated paneer in a bowl and add salt according to your taste, ¼ tsp garam masala, finely chopped green chilies if you wish, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix all the ingredients well for stuffing.
- Take another bowl and add 2 cups of wheat flour, 1 tsp oil, salt as per taste, and water. Mix them well to make it a soft dough. Keep it aside for a few minutes.
- Make small equal balls out of the dough and flatten them in small discs. Put the stuffing in small quantities in the center and then again turn the portion into a ball and then again flatten it properly to spread the stuffing evenly.
- Now, one by one heat them on non-stick tava. Let them cook properly until it turns golden brown.
- Serve it with curd or butter to your kids.
These are some of the best, healthy, and easy recipes you can try with your kids. Your kids will love them for lunch box ideas for school.